Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Best out of 5 attempts Gluten Free pizza crust

Hello,
Well, if you are a gluten free maniac like me, here is a great recipe for ya. First of all though, I want you to know how much money you can be saving by making your very own rice flour. It is very inexpensive with the right tool. My SIL has a VitaMix dry blender. You can get a grain mill attachment if you have a KitchenAid mixer (trust me, worth the $110). I buy 2 bags of brown rice- not pre or parboiled, just plain ol brown rice. It takes 45 sec. to grind up 2 cups of rice into a beautiful flour. 2 bags fill a large tupperware pitcher.

Okay, so here is the recipe:
You will need:
2 cups of rice flour
2 tsp. xanthum gum
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c of water
2 T olive oil

Mix the dry ingredients. Then cut in the oil. Pour 1/2 to 1 cup of water in slowly while stirring Knead dough and add water is too stiff. Pre-bake for 15 minutes at 425. Top and bake another 20 minutes until toppings are done.

My son is dairy free also, so I usually skip the cheese and just use Walmart sauce, pepperoni, mushroom and banana peppers. Yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good recipe I'll have to try it.. HEY did ya hear??? We are swap partner!! WHOO HOO>> Hi Kim!! Hugs Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you are going to start putting up some of these recipes!...I think I might try this!

    ReplyDelete