Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, December 21, 2009

an entertainment center redo

Hey girlies,
Almost Christmas time!! Hope everyone is ready for it. This summer I was a little too energetic in my cleaning and dusting and I accidentally broke a glass panel in my giant entertainment center. It wasn't just plain glass. Of course it had fancy smancy stuff on it and would be rather expensive to replace. I kept contemplating what to do. I thought about tin, copper, wood and I didn't feel comfy with any of those. My hubby wouldn't let me paint the whole thing (even after begging). He likes the natural oak. I am all for barn red, but "whatever". Anyway, I saw on someone's blog of pic of their kitchen. Their cabinets had pleated material and I thought, "hey that could work on my center".
So I took some plaid material and a staple gun and went to work one night while the hubby was out playing basketball with church buddies. I love the look. It matches everything in the room and when I get tired of it, I will just take out the staples and use different material.
Have a great one, Kim




7 comments:

  1. Oh wow that looks so great! I love plaid and that you can change it seasonally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just wanted to answer you question
    about the bulbs...I didn't know if the
    silicone would block too much of the light
    from the bulbs, or how many watts you could
    use. I like the bright light, since I had a light there that had 5 bulbs before. You could try dipping one bulb and leave the others plain to see how it does....Good Luck with it and thanks for stopping by....Merry Christmas!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you came up with and it will be so nice to be able to change out the fabric when you want too!

    Merry Christmas,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks alot better!...I know you are feeling better about that entertainment center now...as it was a "thorn in your side" so to say!...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The entertainment center turned out wonderful, you have been coming up with some great ideas...thanks for sharing:)
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is a great idea. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete